August 12, 2011

MY PROVERBIAL STEP CHILD

I have been neglecting my blog. I don't think that I have reached the point that my blog would turn into an alien if it were a Tamagotchi. However, this blog would make me pretty upset when I came home to see that it had pooped all over the place while I was absent. I don't care to clean up mounds of poop. Ever.

I digress as per usual.

I have a roommate now. It has been a great thing for me. I will perhaps post a picture of him if I can get permission.
The gist of what I have been doing....

I had family reunions for both maternal and paternal sides of the family in July. For the maternal side reunion extended family met together at a park in Salt Lake City as we do each year. I don't have any photos of the inflatables that were available for children to play on. I never cease to be amazed with how similar a family reuinon can be to a carnival.... if that carnival was in a town of a couple hundred people.

The other reunion was much more intimate with only my immediate family being there. Some of the family went to our cabin all week. I am the only boss of me. I am generally very open to give myself time off from working but I thought that I would go to work, where I have a secondary fulltime boss of me, and make some money so I could continue to keep myself alive for when I am the boss again. Digressed once again.......uh. I left work on Friday and went directly to the cabin to join the family. I was unpleasant to be around to say the least. I was tired and was being attacked on all fronts with allergens. I decided that it was going to be too warm to enjoy sleeping in the cabin so I slept outside. I failed to remember last year when I slept outside and was destroyed by allergens. Once again nearly all of saturday i was unpleasant to be around. We went to Kolob Reservoir and rowed around on canoes. I felt I was strong with the paddle until it came time to race. I thought little guys should race the big guys, hopefully creating a David and Goliath epic win, or at least a win where I could just sit there like this one...

I went to warped tour. I will say more about this in a later post.

I went to a AWFS to look at tools with everyone I work with. A picture of me can be seen here all thanks to Bud The Point Champion.

Stay safe.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad that you came to the cabin even if you were feeling grumpy. Sorry that you had such a rough time up there. I'll remind you to sleep inside next time.

Aimee said...

I am also glad that you came. I had a very minor case of allergies and I complained a lot. Really really sorry that you have to deal with that. Not fun. Hopefully they won't be as bad next year.
Audrey saw the picture below and said "I love Robert!" just thought you would want to know.

Unknown said...

We will take you any way we can get you. Glad you came. Next year we hope your allergy shots have started working so you can feel better, however, i don't think you can ever sleep outside.

Kimberly said...

So, is your roommate's name also top secret? I am glad you have a roommate though. Living alone can be a drag. I was glad we got to see you at the cabin, and glad we could help ferry you away when you decided enough was enough. Way to take care of yourself dude. Miss you.