September 6, 2009

SAUSAGE HANDS

I was playing soccer with my pals. We play a game were we take free kicks, and the person to get the most before having 3 blocked or miss wins. I scored 2, then Matt scored 4 or 5. It was Logan's turn. I stood behind the goal to protect the balls from traffic should the ball get kicked with enough weight. I was cheering for Matthew to save me from last place. I did my best to cheer him on, but after Logan's second or third goal I hit the ground with disappointment. It turns out that when you slap a bee it will sting you instantly. I was stung.

I haven't been stung by a bee for a while. I was planning on going through the rest of my life never to be stung again. Fail. Now as you can see in the photos below after 1 full day, my hand is swollen to some degree. You may also notice that the area closest to the point of the sting is white, as is the back side of my hand between my ring and middle finger. My hand is very itchy and i woke up scratching it a few times last night.

I am never going outside again.


18 comments:

Lydia said...

OUCH! I as well swell when i get stung. Hope it goes down and gets better soon.

Unknown said...

I will wager all my worldly possessions, and 3 years of servitude that you go outside again. If you do go outside I require an apology for lying to us all. Call Ellie and she will commiserate with you.

Unknown said...

I should also say that I feel very bad about what happened because it is not fun.

Heather said...

I hope you learned to leave bees alone.

Jace said...

Freaking bees are the worst thing ever. I was on my motorcycle the other day, and I felt something super hot on my leg. Thinking I was leaking some vital fluid, I glanced down at my leg only to find a big fat bee stinging/humping my leg for all it was worth. I ran a stop sign and nearly crashed just trying to get the blasted thing off of me.. Stupid bees

Aimee said...

I don't think Robert will ever learn that lesson Heather.

Robert I am sorry that you got stung. Next time you should take some allergy medicine to help with the swelling and itching. That looks pretty bad.

Rob said...

Jace, that is the reason my professor has a neck brace. He was riding his bicycle and he went to brush the bee away, but turned his handle and launched himself feet over head. He landed on his head and had a stroke.

Family, am I the reigning champ of bee stings or what? Who has been stung more than me?

Jace said...

oh man.. ya, Bees and Bikes are officially enemies.. From hence forth, let it be known

Unknown said...

Being older, probably me. However, maybe only if you will count hornets as bees. By where our new cabin is going up I was swarmed by hornets who flew into my clothing and got really mad. I was stung multiple times. Was that tree you whacked filled with bees or hornets, because I believe that is what there are a lot of at Thorley ranch.

Annie Krissman said...

I may have been stung more than you. How many have you gotten? I however don't swell up. Ha Ha Sausage Hand!

Unknown said...

Gosh Annie, that comment seemed a little mean- spirited.

Annie Krissman said...

Sorry Robert. Mom is bullying me.

Unknown said...

I'm not bullying you, I am mothering you.

howard said...

I find petting bees a hazardous practice and I recommend you refrain in the future.
Robert, I'm sorry you got stung and I'm glad no one in our family has allergic reactions to bee and wasp stings.

Jace said...

Glad to see I'm finally nearing the top of the point list..
We all know I'm a winner

Unknown said...

You neglected to finish the story. I went on to win the game. Hizah!

Heather said...

Kicked out.

Aimee said...

I knew you were going to get kicked out.