September 12, 2010

GRAYSCALE

I have been taking some pictures with my phone lately and today I decided that I would share some.

I decided that my full face helmet looked dumb so I decided to paint it.

Before


After

I have been riding my motorcycle up Cedar Canyon quite a bit lately. I decided that since I was going near Cedar Breaks so often that i should stop by and see it. I have lived in Cedar City for the large majority of my life but I have never traveled the 20 or so miles up the canyon to see the National Monument. Photos I took with my phone can be seen below. I was told that the tree in the photo below is 1700 years old. That is probably the oldest tree I have ever come in contact with.




5 comments:

Heather said...

That's an ugly tree. I'm glad to hear that it has an excuse.

howard said...

I love Cedar Breaks. We used to go there all the time when I was younger. It's a beautiful place. I'm glad you made the effort. I took your mom there once, but it was dark. She thought I was a bit strange, but she married me anyway. And because of that, (not the going to Cedar Breaks, but getting married) we got you in our life. Wow!

Aimee said...

nice pictures. Your helmet does look better.

Unknown said...

What would you think if some guy that you barely started dating took you on a motorcycle ride up the mountain to look at Cedar Breaks at night and when you got there it was too dark to see anything? Would you think he was hitting on you? The best part was we ran out of gas on the way home. Double suspicion. But I knew it wasn't on purpose when pushing it on the way home he made us look like we were fine whenever a car came by. He had Robynn come pick us up when we got to Cedar City. She was mad because her hair was in curlers, it was Friday night and she thought her friends might see her because we were on Main Street. But she came.

I had wondered what you were spray painting down the basement in the middle of the night. Mystery solved.

Annie Krissman said...

Cool pics.

Still coming to visit?