November 1, 2010

GONZO


I have driven to and from Salt Lake City a number of times both while living there and while living in Cedar City. There are a few things that I seem to notice every time even when I am not paying much attention to my surroundings. Ever since I can remember there has been a little red car in a field, abandoned. It has suffered some beatings over the years. On one occasion I noticed that the mirrors had been knocked off. Over the years the windows had all been broken. I check on the little red car every time I drive by in the daylight hours.

I was shocked to see last time that the car was missing. All the years we had seen each other and there was little more than tire tracks leading away from the spot that the car had been lying dormant. It didn't call me or even leave a note. You can imagine a red car in the field to see how sad you may become if it were to be gone one day.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

That is too bad, I always noticed that car too. I wondered why it was there.

Heather said...

Never noticed it. I don't notice much.

Annie Krissman said...

Never noticed it, but still a little sad it is gone.

I always notice some sign that always has a shadow that makes it look like and animal to me. I will have to show you that so you have something new to look at. I don't think it will be going anywhere.

Unknown said...

I never noticed it, where was it? Now that I know I can never see it I feel bad.