January 1, 2009

FAILS AGAIN!

As many of you may know, I am not a fan of New Years Eve. Last night was not an exception, although it was not the worst I have ever experienced. I don't know exactly where to start, but I suppose that we can consider 6:00 PM "Eve", so I will start there.

At about 5:30 Matthew and I began our less than desirable evening. We went to a basketball game at the University of Utah. We arrived at the game, and as students we are permitted entrance to the game when you have your student identification card scanned. Matt had no problem with his admittance, but when I put my card in the paw of the entrance guard I was denied entrance twice. He then told me to go to the ticket window and explain the problem. When I explained the problem I was told that the only thing to do was to buy a ticket, at the student guest rate of $7. I was quite vexed but decided that the benefit of watching the game was more than the cost of the 7 dollars I would have to spend. We watched the game, and it was fantastic. I have never seen a basketball in person that had an ending that was the same. The Utes defeated the 16th ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs. The Utes, as far as my memory can recall, were always in the lead.

After the game we went to Taco Bell, my default location, and home to prepare for the "First Night" celebration at the Gallivan Center. It was very cold so I found my mittens to wear on my hands. Later I would be wishing that I had mittens for my feet due to the numb felling that was tingling in my frozen appendages. Matt had a friend that offered to give us tickets to the event since he had some extras. When we got there Matt called a phone what was unwatched. We stood outside the entrance for about an hour I would guess, just waiting for a reply or to see the friend with the tickets. I suggested that we go bowling instead of waiting around in the cold any longer, and since we are both almost bowling junkies the decision was made with little hesitance. We bowled about what we expect when we go bowling, although Matt seemed to get a pinfall of 9 almost every time, just missing the strike. Many times the final pin would wobble, and taunt us both as it remained standing.

After bowling we drove towards Walmart so that we could buy some things, but about a block away I remembered that the Walmart was not open 24 hours a day at the location we go to. We then drove to 7/11 where I purchased a Slurpee. As we were getting in the car with our newly purchased goods, we saw the employees celebrate. We then went home, watched two episodes of "Futurama" and went to bed.

New Years Eve was a bust again.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds better than mine.

phoenyx said...

Sounds pretty good to me.

Heather said...

It sounds like we all should have partied together. Janet could have planned something fun.

Annie Krissman said...

Would have been better with the Booze, that is what you were missing.

Unknown said...

Heather is right. My party was the bomb! Dad and I watched Perry Mason and you would think that it would be riveting, but I fell asleep not knowing who the murderer was. We went to bed at 11:30 and listened to the fireworks going off in town at 12:00.
Demand they fix your activity card. That is just not at all fair, and they should refund you your money. Fight for your rights.