January 11, 2009

STILL FRIENDS


As you may know, Alkaline Trio is my favorite band. I love the music now more than ever. I wanted to be a member of the Alkaline Trio fan club. I joined the Pact in April 2008, but received my goods 9 months later. It was a drag to ask every single day when I would get home from work, "Mother Dear, did I receive any packages today?" Each day the answer was the same, I would have to still wait to have my wonderful items. I emailed the help center about my shirt not coming 3 or 4 times and was always told that it was just taking a long time because there was an extremely high volume of new members. I looked online and found some people with the same problem that I was having. Most were complaining about not getting the shirt for a little over a month to about 3 months, so I just waited patiently, but after 6 months I was a bit irritated. I had gotten to the point that I thought that I was getting cheated and would never get the shirt or that someone stole the things from the porch of my house. I finally emailed them with a tone that was more aggressive than my usual pleasant diction. I learned that it is not always the best to be kind, sometimes you have to show the Blood Pact some tough love to get your things. I finally have my gear. It was only about a week after I emailed that I received my things. I was filled with glee when I put the shirt on, it was just glorious.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm actually kind of scared of that shirt.

howard said...

I'm with Heather. It kind of looks like a trident. Scary. And what the heck is a blood pact? I know I would never want to make one. And to think I helped you get those things by sending them with Ryan. What kind of a mother dear am I?

howard said...

Oops, I didn't see that I was logged in as Howard. We have the eMac up and running and I forgot that it automatically puts us into the blog under someone else's name, even when you start to log in. Sorry. That would be confusing. I also wanted to comment that I am glad that you learned how not to be taken advantage of. Sometimes you have to be firm but not mean. Good job!

Unknown said...

ALKALINE TRIO... great band? Or GREATEST band?