February 3, 2009

PHOTOGRAPHY

I have a new love for photography. I really enjoy going to various areas of the city and taking photos. Last week I went downtown at night with some friends to snap a few photos. This is the best that were taken as far as I am concerned. Feel free to say what you think is the best one [or worst if you must hate one].







Today in my photography class I learned about aperture. These are some samples of the way photos can change with aperture changes.

This is a small aperture. The number on my camera says F29. Apparently the larger the number the smaller the hole is for the shutter. With a small aperture the focal area is vast.


This is a large aperture photo [shown on my camera as F4.5]. With the large aperture the subject really jumps out more with the background blurred.

10 comments:

Jese said...

I like the big aperture sunglasses photo the best.

Unknown said...

I LIKE THE NIGHT SHOTS. WE SHOULD FRAME SOME OF THEM. WHAT CAMERA ARE YOU USING?

Laura said...

I suppose I like the first one the best.

whitney said...

Hey long time no see! I LOVE your photography! OH and to respond to your comment on the crappy parking blog I am Anonymous ( my computer at work wouldnt let me take credit!) And i found the blog through Jaces site.

Heather said...

I would like to sign up for lessons.

Rob said...

Heather, your prize [from December 7th] will be lessons if you choose to accept them. I will have to decide something else if you refuse the lessons.

Heather said...

Lessons would be a good prize.

Jace said...

Dude, I've learned so much from my photography class.. we'll have to share pics! Plus I've been photoshopping like pure madness lately

Jace said...

my lens has an F-stop of 2.8 I can take sweet shallow depth of field shots.. I wish I wouldn't have deleted the ones I turned in for my assignment

Jese said...

...still waiting on my prize srob.